Thursday, September 22, 2011

A fresh start

A new life in the country! I actually moved here a year ago to join my life with an amazing man. I got a car (after 15 years of not owning one), have a garden (okay, a piece of dirt so far, but I have aspirations!) and now I have a wedding to plan (squee!). I keep meaning to start the blogging again, but writing on "BethinNYC" just didn't feel right... I'm not that person any more. So I thought I'd start a fresh blog here for those who care to read it.

I think we'll just start with some silly stuff... a few random thoughts to get started...



FOR TODAY… from Beth's Daybook

Outside my window… ~foggy, and a bit rainy...and humid. We had a nice brief cold snap that made things feel like fall for a few days, but I don't think summer is done with us yet. The rain this summer has been amazing, and it keeps going today.

I am thinking… ~how lucky I am to have such great people in my life. I've seen some rough times in the past, but I think that makes me realize and appreciate even more how much and how great people are that I have around me today.

I am thankful for… ~ finding my soulmate. Okay, okay... a bit mooshy on the emotional side, I know. But it's true...

I am wearing… ~comfy cozy yoga pants, and the Tshirt with a bear on it from the Wildlife Conservation Society (we got Tshirts when we joined the Bronx Zoo as members. I'm sure there will be photos of the zoo visits posted on here repeatedly.)

I am remembering… ~ baking oodles of cookies for the holidays. I just pulled out my cookie book from the basement and the middle pages promptly fell out. I realized that the book is 15 years old... and I'm feeling a little strange about that. I don't feel that old!

I am going… ~to get married. The boy and I got engaged 3 weeks ago. :) The most exciting part is looking forward to the future with him. The good things (traveling, getting a puppy or three)... and the challenges, and everything in between.

I am currently reading… ~ too much. As usual, I have many books going at once. I'm halfway through Shogun, and on book four of the "Song of Ice and Fire" series. Both are dense sagas with too many characters that I can't remember who is who... hm.

I am hoping… ~ to stay as happy as I am now for the rest of my life.

On my mind… ~ for some reason, the huge mushroom in the front lawn is on my mind. It just popped up yesterday... sprouting up in the middle of the front yard. I'll take a photo of it tomorrow. Mushrooms are weird.

Noticing that… ~ I am a pretty emotionally intense person. I never really thought about it, but I am. And I'm starting to be OK with that. Sort of.

Pondering these words… ~ "Life is not a process of discovery, but a process of creation. You are not discovering yourself, but creating yourself anew. Seek, therefore, not to find out Who You Are, seek to determine Who You Want To Be."

From the kitchen… ~Turkey burgers with mustard sauce and swiss cheese on rolls, along with pan-seared broccoli in rice wine sauce.

Around the house… ~ Need to give the kitchen a good scrub down, and the floors a good mopping... oh, and also need to fix the rock wall out front. A truck ran into it and smooshed it... and the neighbors are starting to make comments. Oopsie.
.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this post! Day Book is so awesome, no? Of course I'll be reading right along. Let me know where you and Andy end up registering, okay?

    Stace

    ReplyDelete